27.8.11

A Craft Project for the Petite

We're short. If we see something on the top shelf at the grocery store, we argue about who is going to stand on the shelf and grab it. "I did it last time, it's your turn...no way, I'm the one that did it last time...oh wait! There's someone tall walking down the aisle, ask her."

I'm really sorry, people above the height of 5'8", we've probably stopped you at many a grocery store. Anyway, we've really needed a step stool for a long time now (what? we have storage space in the top cabinets? shut up!) and we finally got one at IKEA. But it was just so boring, so, I painted it and decoupaged some flowers on top.

Ta-dah!



[I've had this paper for 6 years now, and I haven't done anything with it. You might recognize it as the packaging for Voluspa Japonica candles. This is NICE PAPER but I got tired of it just sitting around...so I cut up some of the flowers, painted them on with Mod Podge, and voila! The paper is now out of the closet.]


I think the step stool is a nice, bright addition to our kitchen and anywhere else we need a boost.

Also, thank you to Discovery Street for the inspiration for the Martha Stewart blue! You should all check out her amazing new bathroom! :)

Moo

6 comments:

punkychewster said...

ooh! that's a very pretty color! i love the name Aegean Blue! now i think i need to get me a thing of mod podge!

Discovery Street said...

such a cute way to spruce it up! love it!

::little projects in style:: said...

oh so cute! :) im totally in need of a step-stool too!!

honey my heart said...

great project. i love the color and totally need a step stool for the higher cabinets i can't reach :)

Lillian C said...

Haha, so cute! :) I'm definitely very petite, and I'm always thinking that I need a stepping stool. I'll have to run our to Ikea sometime and make this DIY (and embrace my petite-ness :)

e.louise {Liz} said...

Oooh I love it! That color blue is so pretty.

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design