15.4.10

The Invitations: Part 1

For the longest time I told myself that we would not have letterpress invitations, even though I love letterpress printing. I once had a fleeting dream to go back to school for book arts, but then decided I couldn't stomach the tuition for art school. I chose library school instead. Books are still involved, but unfortunately no presses or ink or double-sided tape for me. [Random geeky fact un-related to weddings, did you know there is such a profession as a book arts librarian??]

Unfortunately, once I made my design in one color, it was almost like I was asking for it. I saw how it would look from an offset printer, and all I could think was "wow, this would look so better in letterpress." DUH MO! Of course it would look better in letterpress, everything looks better in letterpress! You know you want it: the paper is spongey, the ink is richer, it looks amazing framed. Just do it.

I caved and called Mercurio Brothers.

After having the final product and hearing from our guests, I have no regrets. They did a beautiful job, and I'm really proud of the work I put into the invitations too.

Presenting...our invitations! Complete with divine twine, paper hearts, and sealed in khaki envelopes with gocco printing. Budget friendly? Not really. Pretty and a labor of love? Totally.





Invitations
Design: Mo
Printer: Mercurio Brothers
Paper: Somerset Radiant White 300 gm Velvet

Envelopes
Khaki A9 envelopes from Paper Source
Gocco Printer

Extra Supples
Green Apple Divine Twine
Heart-shape punch from Martha Stewart Crafts
Old calendar used to make heart punches

Next up...our Chinese invitations!

Moo

14 comments:

julia::ordinarysaturdays said...

Gorgeous! I love your design, and the red ink really pops.

The Thirty-Something Bride said...

Hella cute! Love them!

Kendall said...

SO SO pretty! Love all the details and especially the twine and paper hearts!

little luxury list said...

Oh love the color, the twine and heart, and the font. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Love it, especially the envelopes! We're trying to keep invitations on our "we don't care about these and are going to save money on them" list. Which probably means I should swear off wedding blogs.

Bella said...

Such a pretty design - your guests must be so thrilled to get this treat in the post.

very married said...

how unique! i love looking at invitations!

honey my heart said...

these are so wonderful, mo!! great design and yay letterpress! also love all the details, especially the paper hearts.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh my gosh they are sooo pretty!! I bet guests will love seeing those in the mail!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Gorgeous!!!! Job well done Mo. I love the paper hearts and the twine. So whimsical!

Mo said...

Thanks everyone!! :)
I'm pleased with how they turned out too. Onward with the other semi-DIY projects!

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} said...

They are gorgeous; looking forward to seeing the next bit!

Abbie said...

I love how the turned out!! The twine is perfect.

joyce said...

Mo, the invites are lovely!! Everything little detail is just amazing!! Wow!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design