31.8.10

Mo+Boy Tie the Knot: The First Look

We all made it to the venue, and the boy eventually got his tie. While everyone was setting up, we had our first look.

[One last check in the mirror before the first look]

A big thank you to everyone for your feedback on this post back in March. Without it, I don't think we would have a done a first look. Honestly, I thought that we would see each other, hug, kiss, and then think "ok, now what?" (Once, I got my hair cut up to my ears, and the boy didn't notice, so I didn't think seeing me for the first time in my wedding dress would be a big deal for him.)

But it was one of my favorite parts of the wedding, and also solved my anxiety about declaring our commitment in front of so many people because it gave us a small window of time in which it could just be the two of us.

Because Jessamyn and Sheri are rockstar photographers, their presence didn't phase me or the boy at all and we were completely comfortable with them there.

So if you're hemming and hawing about whether or not to do one, I highly recommend it.

...And if you can't tell from the pictures, the boy recommends it too!

[We did our first look under the grape arbor overlooking the vineyard. The boy waited for me, and then my friend came to fetch me once the photographers were in place.]

[I took a short walk on the sun drenched patio...]

[...made my way over to the arbor...]

[...tried to be reaallllly quiet...]

[...and put my hand on his shoulder.
And then Jessamyn and Sheri captured this magical sequence of images.]





We didn't say much to one another, but after hugging, I said "Ready to get married?" And through some sniffles, he nodded his head.




Go back in time to my first two posts!
My Mom is Hilarious
Getting Ready
Moo

12 comments:

BigAppleNosh said...

Awww, what a sweet group of photos!

gina said...

Gorgeous! I love the first look photo - so sweet!

Mo said...

Thank you! :)

honey my heart said...

your first look is so sweet and lovely :)

Bella said...

Just got a great big lump in my throat from these pictures - so so sweet. His expression just says it all!

Anonymous said...

Oh the photos are gorgeous! I loved the last bit... not much talking, just hugging and the question... brought tears to my eyes!

Anonymous said...

These made me tear up!

Chocolate Lover said...

Your first look pics are just stunning! Brought a tear to my eye when I saw his expression. So sweet!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

These are my favourite photos. His face is just so priceless.

Ivana | Love Ardently said...

awww... his expression is just so precious! gorgeous first look photos!

Natalie said...

Precious! You both look so happy and his response brought a tear to my eyes... congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Made me tear up! -Justine justinetennant@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design