26.10.09

My Dress Arrived + Updates

+Thank you so much to everyone and your suggestions on where to go on our honeymoon. There were many places mentioned that I had not even thought of, so I really appreciate the time everyone took to lend me some advice. We're still debating, one of these days we'll make a decision and then I can go crazy planning all of the fun sites we'll see and good food we'll eat.  

+Thank you also to everyone who gave me advice regarding my mom. I told her that we have a cat and that basically clinched it. "Ooooh yeah. I forgot you had a pet. Never mind!" Now I'm looking for an apartment/condo to rent close to us the week of our wedding. Anyone willing to give up their La Jolla apartment for my parents?

+If you notice on the sidebar, that vendor list is getting pretty full. We have cake left, and music. I'm looking for a good bakery/baker in San Diego County. Thank you to reader Larissa who has already given me three places to try out in the next month!
As for music, we're going to talk to our venue about a sound system for an ipod/laptop set-up. For ceremony music, we want live music, just haven't figured out who will be playing!

+I picked up my dress this weekend. (!!!!) Thank you to my friend Jenny, who was kind enough to accompany me, help me put my shoes on, and take pictures. 

It is sitting in my closet, taunting me, and won't be altered until May. The shoulders have to be taken up a lot, and I really hope keeping the dress up won't be a problem. They showed me a photo of a bride who had ties added to the back so that it would stay up, and I immediately cried "nooooo! The back is the best part!"

It also felt really tight, and when I mentioned it at the store, the associate told me "don't worry, this is how it's supposed to fit--pain is beauty!" 

Oh yay.



[PS: I brought the shoes with me!]
Moo

23 comments:

Jane said...

Very-very beautifully!

little luxury list said...

Mo my lovely, you are a fairy vision. You are also tempting me to get the Anthro flats. Should I go for it?

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} said...

Ooooh I love your dress, the shoes are fabulous with it too - i want them!

Ashley said...

wow, it is stunning! great shoes :-)

Bumpy Belly said...

Oh! It's beautiful!

julia::ordinarysaturdays said...

Wig tape for the straps! I saw it at Target a week or so ago.

A Los Angeles Love said...

The back is stunning and the shoes look great. Can't wait to see the front, when the big reveal comes.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

So exciting! It's lovely!!

Britt said...

the back is to die!! can't wait to see the whole shebang!

Lisa & Thomas said...

OMG! The Kitty Chen Brier Rose! I was considering that dress, too! But now, I'm glad I didn't-- it looks SO much better on a figure like yours! :)

You're going to make a stunning bride! :)

dethbakin said...

Gorgeous!!

Westside Wedding said...

Mo you look so beautiful! I love the details on your dress, the back & the train, so lovely!

Mo said...

Thanks everyone! I actually felt a little odd at the salon (the dress wasn't fitting right and I wasn't sure how it looked) so your comments really brightened my day. =)

@Chic 'n Cheap Living and @Gaynor: You should totally get them!! They grey is available in December at Anthro. We can be shoe triplets.

@julia: ahhhh tape! Yes, my friend Jenny mentioned tape, but I didn't realize they had wig tape, but it makes total sense. I will have to invest in some, thank you!

@Luxe-Village: I can't wait to see which dress you choose!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

OMG Mo you look gorgeous! The detailing is beautiful & great choice on the shoes :)

Carlene said...

Looking good hun! Love the shoes! :)

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Mo, you look amazing. The back is beautiful!!! And those shoes...divine!

honey my heart said...

your dress is gorgeous, the shoes go with it so nicely!! and definitely agree that the back is the best part!

kadler said...

OMG, your dress looks amazing! Does it have sleeves??

Mo said...

@K@Blog Goggles: Yes, it does! It has puff cap sleeves. We're going to take down the puff a bit, they are a little overwhelming.

anna and the ring said...

Oh so pretty! Love the sneaky peek with the shoes!!

joyce said...

The dress is beautiful, Mo!! Can't wait to see it on you proper!!

Jessamyn Harris said...

oh, wow, amazing! I can't wait! :)

Abbie said...

Gorgeous!! Love the back!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design