1.3.09

Hello Gocco.

For my birthday last year, the boy bought me a gocco, and my very generous coworkers bought my supplies. I was SO excited and thankful. I knew that I wanted to make our invites, save the dates, programs, and various other cards with the gocco, so I was super happy that I received it as a present.
Fast forward to today, in which gocco is no longer being produced and supplies are running out fast. I've recently just stocked up on supplies, but I'm worried they won't last me. I have to make the most of what I have. I do think I have enough for our wedding, I just need the paper. And the design.
I plan to hand write and illustrate our invites, so I practiced today by making a "hello" postcard. I had a disastrous first gocco experience in which I used up three screens and somehow got red paint all over my arms. It was not fun trying to clean off that red ink.

BUT I'm proud to report that today's go was much more successful! I was prepared with paint remover, q-tips, and a squeegee (aka, an old rewards card.)

I'm excited to design our wedding paper stuffs now, it should {hopefully} be fun!


[Here's my original all strapped and ready to be made into a screen. I just drew the flowers and wrote "hello" with the carbon pen. This is the point where I quickly hopped on the computer and watched a gocco tutorial just in case, especially after my disastrous gocco trial last summer.]

[Here's the finished product in gold ink! Yay it worked!]

[A close up of the text]

[A close up of the flowers]

[Some duds that are missing ink in several areas, and I tried it on yellow but didn't love it.]
Moo

3 comments:

Krista said...

I love your gocco. I am afraid I'd make too many mistakes if I got one.

I nominated you for a blog award, btw: http://kristaandwadeswedding.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-award.html

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Wow! Very impressive. I'm too klutzy to ever try the Grocco. I'll have to live vicariously through you.

Mo said...

Well then I'll try my best not to disappoint. =)
Actually this little machine really stressed me out the first time around--thank god it was better today!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design