20.1.13

Shopping for Hawaii with Funny Face

[Clockwise from top left: Hepcat Shades; Too Much Fun Dress in IslandSanuk Yoga Mat Flip-FlopsNike Flex 2012 Run; Herschel Supply Company BackpackA Whale-y Good Time Top]

With the New Year, I put myself on a mandated no-shopping-until-our-vacation regimen (which admittedly I wasn't so stringent about today but I swear I was doing really well for 8 weeks,) so in anticipation for our trip in March (Oahu! The Big Island! Poke!) I'm already surfing around my second homes on the Internet (Modcloth. J. Crew. Madewell.) for colorful gear to bring with me.

Meanwhile, I've been loving all of the musicals and Audrey Hepburn movies on Netflix. I used to love, LOVE Audrey Hepburn as a kid (and still do.) Funny Face used to be a favorite rental for me, so when I saw it on streaming I jumped for joy. It's still so stylish and gleeful after all these years, and the opening credits by Richard Avedon (see below) is really well done.

Haven't seen Funny Face? What are you waiting for?! It's beautiful to watch.



Moo

5 comments:

punkychewster said...

whoa! So nice to be able to look forward to a vacation such as one to Hawaii!!! Enjoy the anticipation and preparation!!

Shellsea said...

Good times shopping for vacation. I remember my first vacation to Hawaii I bought 4 new bathing suits.

little luxury list said...

Aww I love all of your selections!
Thank you for the reminder to watch a fun movie and enjoy ourselves once in a while!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

joyce said...

Not long to go now! Love the dress you picked out! It's cute and will be perfect for your holiday, me thinks! :)

R's Rue said...

Pretty

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design