11.2.12

Updates on Life and Running

[Me on the trail at San Elijo Lagoon]

Wow, thank you so much for everyone's support on my last post about the half marathon! I'm inspired by all your experiences and advice. It seems I inspired my sister, so she signed up too! And to add to the half marathon love, my cousin also signed up for one in San Francisco. And, if that wasn't enough, my good friend who very rarely runs decided to go out and do a mile! I'm just spreading the get out and run love, sigh.

Thanks to Abby, I printed out the Hal Higdon Novice Training Program and am using it as guidance.

Training is already kicking my butt. Since I posted, it's been a little tricky training because 

+I got sick and couldn't stop coughing for a couple weeks. No fun. Lots of spitting. :(

+My knee hurt, but now my knee is better (yay!!) after going to the Road Runner store and getting some new Asics.  I also got some custom insoles and thick socks--all in all, it was a very expensive trip to the Road Runner store!

+My back REALLY hurt, and now only mildly hurts. This is partially my fault because I went out running when it only mildly hurt, and then it REALLY hurt after my 5 mile long run. We're talking aches down my arm and pains in multiple places kind of pain. There was one morning when I just couldn't move. While we were still in bed, the boy was sleeping on top of my hair, so when the alarm went off I lunged my head forward. And because he was on top of my hair, my neck jerked back and I just yelped out like a baby. OWWWWWW! 

Luckily, I have a massage scheduled at Spa Bergamot tomorrow morning and I am SO looking forward to it!  

Hope everyone has a wonderful V-Day and great weekend.





Moo

6 comments:

miss.t said...

great job on the training, mo!! :) enjoy your spa day ~~ you definitely deserve it! :)

Mo said...

Awww thank you miss.t!!! I see that you're quite the runner, I'll have to channel your spirit on race day. :)

punkychewster said...

enjoy your massage! i know how good it feels for tired and achy muscles!

Katie said...

Thanks for reminding me (again) that I need to start running (again)! I used to run a mile or two every other day in college, but lost the habit. Great job sticking with it, in spite of getting sick and aches and pains! I hope your weekend has been great!

Unknown said...

Keep up the great work! But also remember to listen to your body! I chose to ignore my achy knee and was sidelined for a week :o( Now I am running on a track with a knee brace to help build some strength.

Good luck!!

Abbie said...

Yay! The Kayanos are my favorite for running (they're Asics). I am thinking of signing up for the Denver Rock & Roll marathon in Sept. Lord, help me!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design