25.2.11

Things That Are Happening

Did you miss me? I've been gone for a while, I know, I'm sorry. I had a very long weekend, had a good friend visit, and then my week was packed with non-stop work, school, and Ugly Betty and Buffy on Netflix streaming. My TV boyfriend (who has an insane amount of argyle sweaters in his wardrobe) really missed me too.

Here are a few things happening in my neck of the woods.

1. Thanks so much to Brandi for eating lunch with me at MIHO Gastrotruck, because this portobello mushroom burger rocked my world. I can't wait to go back (as luck would have it, this truck parks a couple blocks from my office!) For those of you planning a park wedding in San Diego, they also cater!


2. If there is one time to avoid San Diego, it's the end of July when Comicon rolls into town (unless you are going to Comicon, then of course you have no choice.) Despite my insatiable appetite for pop culture, I've avoided Comicon and the daunting race to get tickets online. This year tickets sold out in one day. 

My kind coworker accidentally purchased too many tickets, so guess who gets to go to Comicon finally! We get to brave the crowds with all the other geeks that understand obscure pop culture references. I can't wait.

3. I'm still on my mascara kick.

My newest mascara try is Fairy Drops. So far, does a much better job of lengthening without clumping. My lashes typically aren't visible--huzzah for some actual length!


4. I would like these very much. Especially if I get to wear this dress with them.

I'm in for a weekend of more work, but hopefully I can escape outside! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :)
Moo

6 comments:

Brandi said...

It was so fantastic to see you for lunch today! You got some awesome photos with your iPhone. LOVE it. Have a great weekend, my dear -- hopefully we'll get to meet up another time soon. Maybe head to Cupcakes Squared??

Mo said...

@Brandi: Thank you Brandi! The iPhone can capture great pics outside, not so great inside unfortunately. Good thing we were soaking it up in the sun.

Cupcakes Squared sounds great. :)

Kristin said...

Oh yummmmm! That burger looks SO GOOD!

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

A portobello mushroom burger?! I must try this! Also, so jealous you got to hang out with Brandi! I can't wait to hear about your time at Comicon.. I've always wondered what it's really like, ha!

Discovery Street said...

that wasn't there when I lived in SD! sounds yummy!

and love the mascara recommendation...always looking for something new for the lashes!

joyce said...

My cousin was in SD last year for the Comicon and he absolutely loved it!! He's a comic geek, so that's why!!

I'm gonna check out that mascara of yours too. Always good to have a backup in case they ever discontinue the one I'm using now!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design