21.6.11

Out with the mold, in with the new



 [White sandals from Aldo, Red striped wedges from TOMS, Calina flats from Lovely People]

I'm going to tell you something gross. In our old apartment (thank goodness we moved) the bathroom was connected to the bedroom. It also had poor ventilation, so a lot of steam from the bathroom would linger in the bedroom, making our closet (dun dun DUN) damp...which then led to (dramatic pause)...mold. I know. Really, really gross.

As a result, many of my shoes were sacrificed. I saved my wedding shoes and cleaned them with tea tree oil and left them in the sunlight, but many of my other shoes were just too gross to wear again.

Recently I treated myself to way too many new pairs, which left a dent in my bank account. But on the upside, I'm ready for summer (and vacation!) now. :)

Anyone else wanna go to the beach with me?
Moo

7 comments:

honey my heart said...

bummer about the mold and loss of shoes, but yay for the new pairs! i'm loving the white lovely people flats. and i'll totally go to the beach :) today is the perfect beach day.

BigAppleNosh said...

Yay for new shoe shopping! (But boo for mold) :(

Petite Cabbage Press said...

I'm afraid to dig into my closet now... if one get closet mold in CA, well... rainy Portland.... hmmmmm

Brandi said...

Sometimes, a girl just has to go shoe shopping. I'm really glad you've upgraded with the apartment. I can imagine losing some shoes must have been heartbreaking. And those red and white Toms are the cutest!

miss.t said...

love the toms wedges!!! and i can't wait to go to the beach this summer too!!!!

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

I like your carpet (I think I may have said this before) and your shoes! It's a good thing you were able to rescue some, but I can only imagine how upset you got when you realized what had happened.

very married said...

i'm in for the beach! also, is there such a thing as too many shoes?

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design