1. I was an Asian Tracy Flick.
Or some might say I'm still Tracy Flick, but I like to think I've calmed down since then. Really. I didn't tear down any campaign posters and then lie about it, but I was definitely aggressive about what I wanted in high school and stressed myself out about being (my idea of) "perfect". And then I went to Berkeley and met a bunch of other Tracy Flicks and got humble really fast. There's nothing like getting a paper with no mark on it, just the message "REWRITE" in red, as a way to shake someone up and say WAKE UP!
[Did you watch Asian Annie (the counterpart to Jewish Annie) on Community? Hilarious! I creepily have several outfits that look just like that...cute glasses, Annie!]
2. I can lick my elbow. Go ahead, try it. I'll wait.
...Did you do it??? Did you? Our nerdy doctor friends found out that I can only lick my right elbow because my right shoulder is double-jointed.
3. If all goes well, I graduate this spring!!!! By the end of this year, no more working full-time and going to school part-time. Let's take a big sigh of relief together.
4. I ate at Burger Lounge with the boy for lunch. I had a quinoa burger with white cheddar. I think this is the best burger in San Diego, it is SO yummy!
[At the La Jolla Burger Lounge]
5. I already have a boy name and a girl name picked out for our future children. I'm not telling you for fear that you will laugh or tell me that someone horrible in your life was named that. I realize this is crazy since we are 1) not pregnant, and 2) not ttc. Although, I feel like one step in the right direction knowing what that acronym means!
6. I love working with kids. During a corporate job interview having nothing to do with kids or art or education, I admitted that the best job I ever had was working with kids at an art and science camp.
I didn't get the job.
7. I'm in the market for a good printer (for photos and scrapbooking, plus all the basic b+w printing I have for school,) and a tablet to read eBooks. Any suggestions??
The award indicates that I have to tag people, but it's hard to choose among all my blog friends. Consider yourself tagged, and if you feel inclined, tell me something random about yourself in the comments. :)
Hope everyone has a lovely start to the week!