4.3.08

Phoenix





[Karen in the lobby of Mondrian Scottsdale; lobby ceiling at Mondrian Scottsdale; me and the rooster at Asia de Cuba; bbq chicken and coconut sticky rice at Asia de Cuba; rooster-filled booth at Asia de Cuba; all images by Karen]

I stayed in Phoenix over the weekend for work. It was really hot and dry (85 degrees!) but overall a good time. One night we dined at Asia de Cuba, a fusion of Cuban and Asian cuisine, at the Mondrian Scottsdale, an "urban resort" in Old Town. This place rocked--the decor was uber cool and starkly white. Really dramatic elements gave the place a bit of a twilight zone aura (gigantic puffy clouds, enormous lamps, roosters!) and was such a visual feast after seeing all the strip malls and construction around town. And the food was yummy, especially the coconut sticky rice which tasted especially good the next day when I was baking in the sun. Thanks to Karen for finding the place and taking the pictures!
Moo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's an Asia de Cuba in San Francisco too! I went there when I crashed my old company's holiday party.

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design