21.4.08

The L.A. Times Festival of Books

[April 2008 desktop calendar from Meomi; Meomi will be at the L.A. Times Festival of Books on April 26th from 2-3 signing books.]

This weekend, I am driving up to L.A. to attend the L.A. Times Festival of Books (my first time ever now that I am officially a Southern California resident,) and I am already giddy over all the hip people I will be surrounded by. Though, my heart is already racing from the thought of how many gazillions of people (and their cars) will be there in order to be around super hip people too. But I'm still excited.
Some parts of the Festival that I am looking forward to:
-Meomi will be at the Kinokuniya Bookstores of America booth signing books
-Uber hip indie publishers will be present, including my personal San Francisco favorite, McSweeney's
-Journalist Jennifer 8. Lee will be on a panel about food culture (I just finished her book and loved it!)
-Children's book author Mo Willems will be doing story time (my all time favorite Mo Willems book is Knuffle Bunny)
-The Comix Strip, an entire exhibit devoted to graphic novels, comic books, and manga, will be having a barrage of comic book luminaries and exhibitors which should keep me happy for a while.

Looks like a geek-filled weekend--I can't wait.
Moo

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Wish I could go!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design