27.3.09

Upcoming Events in San Diego

Sometimes I forget what life was like before getting engaged. It's all a bit fuzzy really...what in the world did I do...
To prove that I haven't been swallowed whole by the wedding fairies, here are two events I will most likely be attending, because I've got other interests besides the wedding too. ...Or do I?

If you are a librarian/teacher/museum geek/art geek/science geek/parent/kid/super cool person, you might like to attend too!



The San Diego Science Festival's Expo Day is coming to Balboa Park on April 4th. This is going to be a huge event with tons of exhibits and hands-on science fun. Bring the lil' aspiring doctors/engineers/astronauts/geologists/biologists, or any kids really! It's great to give them exposure to science, especially in such a beautiful setting with lots of activity.

On Expo Day, three museums will also be open FOR FREE: the Reuben Fleet Science Museum, The Natural History Museum, and The Hall of Champions Sports Museum.




This year's San Diego Children's Book Festival has a great line-up of authors and illustrators on May 9. I'm most excited about Sherman Alexie, author of The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, being in attendance.

Books are going to be sold at the event, and the best part is that all the proceeds go to San Diego Public Libraries. And everyone knows libraries are sexy.

PS: I'm sad that I won't be able to make it this year's LA Times Book Festival, ironically because I'll be at a science festival (so many festivals!) So, will one of you attend for me? Thanks.
Moo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design