7.1.09

Proposal Weekend: Part III

[We spent the night at the historic Hotel del Coronado. It's rumored to be haunted, which ups its cool factor.]

[The hotel is literally on the beach. This was the view on Sunday morning.]

[We had Sunday brunch in the Crown Room at the hotel. The room was gorgeous and had these beautiful lights in the shapes of crowns.]


[Did I mention the brunch was an all-you-can eat buffet? That also includes all you can drink. Behold, the bottomless mimosa!]

[I did not have anything to drink that morning, but the hotel has their own signature champagne in these pretty bottles. Also bottomless.]

[King crab legs and brussel sprouts. Yum-o!]


[A view of our table. Notice the hollowed out crab legs...]

[Candy apples! The vat next to it had hot apple cider.]

[Mmmm dessert...flan and macaroons.]

[They had a candy bar. If I wanted to, I could have taken handfuls of rock candy and tootsie rolls back to our table, and it'd be completely okay because it was, after all, ALL YOU CAN EAT. This is only half of the candy bar, and there was an entire table devoted to chocolate.]

[Pink and green macaroons! So pretty and so tasty.]

[I needed a good cup of tea to digest all of the food. Isn't that mini jar of honey so cute?]

The big surprise was that we were going to stay at the Hotel del Coronado and have brunch at the Crown Room. It was quite a memorable event, not only because I was proposed to, but because I woke up and walked into a room with the most delicious food I have ever seen in my life. Prime rib, crab, sushi, panini, omelets, french toast, short rib, the list goes on.

Needless to say, my first class of cardio dance is tomorrow.

And that's the end of my proposal recap! Wheeeeee! I am so excited to be planning our wedding and will be blogging about it all along the way.
Moo

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

This looks like the all-you-can-eat buffet to end all others - and congratulations on your engagement!

Mo said...

Thanks Kathryn!
Your blog makes me excited to plan a wedding. =)

Jessamyn Harris said...

oh, wow, this looks so delicious and fun, I am drooling! :)

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design