Mo+Boy Tie the Knot: The Day Before

[The boy and I didn't have a rehearsal dinner. We had dim sum in the morning with our families and had drinks later with our friends. We did this for two reasons: it was difficult to decide who to invite to the rehearsal dinner, and we were worried about the cost. The dim sum worked out fine and was comfortable for our families, and the drink night let us chat with our friends before The Big Day.
Above is a picture of The Veranda where we had dinner the night before, just the two of us, watching bunnies run around on the golf course!]

The day before the wedding was a mix of nerves, relief, and joy, and all of these emotions combined made me forget one little thing: my camera. So, there's so much to tell, that I'm just going to do a quick itemized list so we can get to the good stuff: recaps with PICTURES. I know, I'm excited too. So, let's blast through my memory, shall we? Here we go, a rapid fire recap of Friday, July 2nd, 2010:

[insert flashback music here]

+ I woke up at 7 in the morning with no problems, packed the car up with things to bring to the venue, and drove over to Home Depot by 7:55 AM where I found the flowers waiting for me in neat boxes. When the cashier rang me up I told her "They're for my wedding...TOMORROW! Aren't they beautiful??"

+ When I got to the venue for rehearsal, I had a nice surprise. Most of the boy's family, plus our awesome officiant friend, were waiting there, ready to pot those 90 flower pots I was dreading. What would have taken a few hours with just me and my sister took 30 minutes with 12 people, and we still had time to spare before rehearsal started.
Do you remember this post? My lonesome planning went away once my sisters arrived a few days earlier, and hit me again when my new family had on gloves and were transferring 90 flowers at 10 in the morning after most of them had just driven 9 hours the day before.

+The rehearsal went well (and was quick,) and we celebrated by having dim sum at Pearl Chinese Restaurant before everyone went off on their own to see the sights (only about 25 people out of 140 were from San Diego).

The boy and I? We dragged our officiant along and spent the afternoon at our hotel to go over the ceremony and chillax. It was so dead during the day that we got an entire pool (!!) to ourselves.

+The boy and I wrote our vows (yes, we seriously wrote them the night before) while eating dinner on the patio at The Veranda Restaurant (above). It was super romantic, and we ate paella while looking over the golf course.

+We ended the night with drinks with our friends, and this is the only point during our wedding weekend that I teared up. I saw my good friend coming towards me with a huge grin on her face, and I almost lost it. Needless to say, I really enjoyed hanging out with people, most of them flew in from out of town.

+I spent the night before alone at our amazing hotel room. I took a bubble bath, watched Food Network, and wrote a blog post. Perfect Mo night.

I went to sleep happy, and didn't have any trouble dozing off.

Next up...the morning of the wedding!



Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Isn't it amazing how loved one can save the day? Can't wait for the pictures!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Yay!!! Recaps are starting! I love the idea of the earlier dim sum rehearsal dinner.

BigAppleNosh said...

Yay, can't wait for your next recap!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!


Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design