26.9.10

Mo+Boy Tie the Knot: The First Dance

We did not choreograph anything. We definitely did a lot of swaying. We managed one turn, which I think is pretty good considering we have two left feet.

And there were no maracas and no Celine Dion. [Thank goodness]

Since we have no song to call our own, it was actually a pretty un-romantic process of listening to a bunch of songs that we thought we could easily sway to. The boy really likes Frank Sinatra, so my first thought was to go with something more classic. Also, I was told "nothing weird" so that already ruled out a bunch of songs.

The Very Thought of You played as our family walked down the aisle, so I thought it would be nice to dance to it as well.


La Vie en Rose was also considered, as was I Could Have Danced All Night because once upon a time in 2003 I put it on a mixed CD for him and he still listens to it. In the end, we danced to I Wished For You by Jasmine Ash, which if you watch Ugly Betty [SPOILER!] is the song played when Bobby proposes to Hilda. It got the seal of approval from the boy, the sister, and the friend, because it sounded very sweet, and for its excellent swaying possibilities.



[One of my favorites, this is what Tyra would call 'smiling with your eyes']


I'm not even sure he remembers what song we danced to, but I saw a few tears well up in his eyes while we did the middle school shuffle. I'm pretty sure he's glad we didn't end up playing air maracas.

Do you have a song? What did you dance to at your wedding?

Moo

6 comments:

Discovery Street said...

We danced to Train's song Marry Me...but 'our song' is Soul sister...also by train.

I LOVE how your photos turned out...just beautiful!

joyce said...

Photos are looking beautiful!! Our song is The Luckiest by Ben Folds but we'll be dancing to Book of Love by Peter Gabriel. :)

little luxury list said...

Aww two gorgeous songs! The paper lanterns also turned out really well. Love, love the smiling eyes picture.

honey my heart said...

beautiful! the paper lanterns make such a great backdrop.

Katie said...

If we had a song it would be "The Keeper of the Stars" by Tracy Byrd, but it was a little too "outdated" for our first dance. We ended up choosing from several songs a few days prior to the wedding, and chose "Johnny and June" by Heidi Newfield. Hubby really likes Johnny Cash, but we couldn't find any really romantic Johnny Cash/June Carter Cash songs, so we chose this one. It's really romantic, and several people commented on what a great song choice it was!
@Ruthy Ann - "Soul Sister" wasn't on our list of "must plays" but it is the ONE song I really remember the DJ playing because EVERYONE was on the dance floor singing and dancing along! It was the most memorable part of our whole reception!

annelise said...

What a gorgeous tent! The lights and the lanterns are so pretty. Congratulations!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design