17.5.10

A Bachelor Party or Your Birthday?

My birthday is the Saturday the week before our wedding. It also happens to be the same week that the boy's group of guy friends have the week off from school.

The idea was brought up to have a bachelor party/weekend in Vegas the week before the wedding when they are all free--aka, the weekend of my birthday.

At first I said "What!?! That's my birthday!" But now I'm realizing that there might not be a better time for them to go. And I got to have a bridal shower, he should some sort of male bonding trip, no?

How would you react if your partner planned to take off with his/her buddies the weekend of your birthday?
Should I encourage the trip and just do something else?


Moo

6 comments:

julia::ordinarysaturdays said...

Depends on your feelings about it. If the date matters to you, then say so. If it doesn't and you can happily find other company for the weekend, I'm sure he'll make it up to you a different day. (If it helps, the date does matter to me. So I think that's okay.)

little luxury list said...

I'd be kinda annoyed at first though. But he does deserve a party too. If he makes it up to you with great presents, why not?

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Hmmm I might not be that cool about that but it really depends on the situation. He'll be quite the lucky guy if you let him go! :)

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} said...

Unless its an important year birthday {like 30 etc} ; I would get a fab gift out of it and send him on his way!

Mo said...

Thanks girls. I hope I don't regret this.
I just asked his friends to go ahead.

Anyone wanna come hang out with me on my birthday??

joyce said...

I'll come hang with you!! I'm not very fussy about birthdays so I'd probably let him go and celebrate it another time - the week before or maybe during your honeymoon after the wedding!! That way, you still get to celebrate your birthday and him, his bucks night. :)

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design