15.5.10

What's On Your Do Not Play List?







Garth Brooks, The Village People, Nelly Furtado, Creed, Hanson, Rod Stewart, Bryan Adams, The Thong Song, Shania Twain, ZZ Top, Lou Bega's Mambo #5, and Haddway's What Is Love? are some of the highlights of our do not play list. I also have this unreasonable disdain for Pink. I just can't stand her. Although, I do think these songs would be awesome karaoke songs with a tambourine in hand.

I hope my DJ doesn't cry when he sees this list because there are a lot of artists on it. And, for the record, most of these would be great for karaoke. Especially The Thong Song. But don't quote me on that.

What's on your absolutely under no circumstances will you play this song or I will DIIIIIE list?
Moo

6 comments:

Christen Fleming said...

Um, I've never seen the video for What is Love...

That was amazing. I think? I'm not quite sure exactly what it is I saw?

Miss Mayhem said...

I really hate the Beetles! Everyone loves them but me. >:( I can't remember my most despised song ever, but I'll come back when I do!

Anonymous said...

I think the Do Not Play list is one of the most brilliant "because I'm the bride" demands we've ever cooked up. If only I could have it for EVERY party I throw!

For me, no BeeGees for sure. And maybe no Journey, but I am not sure I really want to take away everyone else's cherished "Don't Stop Believing" moment just because I hate it. Maybe people will be over that song again by time I get married.

little luxury list said...

Haha Thong song at a wedding would be pretty ridiculous. We DJed so no NOTs were on there. Random country, heavy metal, or lots of 80s songs (fun for listening, bad for dancing).

Mo said...

@an aqua juel: ahahaha...I love how they are so serious in that music video. It just cracks me up every time.

@Miss Mayhem: One day, when you least expect it, you too will learn to love The Beatles.

@hitchdied: I know, isn't it amazing? I feel like it'll be the one time in my life where there will be a song playing and I can wave my magic bouquet if I please--"Turn it off! This is terrible! I declare it!"
Ahh Journey...Don't Stop Believing isn't on the yes please play this list, but you're right, it seems to keep popping up everywhere in pop culture. They did karaoke to it on Family Guy, had it in The OC as Ryan's obsession, I'm pretty sure I've heard it on Scrubs, and then most recently on Glee. How do you dance to that song? Do people sway?

@Chic n' Cheap: Seriously, no thong song please. Although it does make me giggle the way What is Love makes me giggle.

What he ate, what I ate. said...

Ha! We had a band and no "do not play" list. Had they started playing something tragic I suppose I would have given them the look of death in hopes it would be enough to move them along to the next song...

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design