16.2.10

Check, Check, and Check!:Updates

+I purchased our lanterns today! I bought 36: red, grass green, pink, and this dahlia print lantern that Abbie suggested. I think they are going to look so pretty above the dance floor. Thanks for the great suggestion, Abbie!



+I was debating whether or not to get people parasols (our venue is going to be HOT, and I mean temperature-wise, not sexy) but I didn't want to spend $4-7 on a parasol for each person. Instead I only bought one, for my grandmother, who really does need it at her fragile age. Sorry guys, you'll have to endure 15 minutes in the sun or you can temporarily use your programs as sun shades before you hop back to the tent with chilled drinks.


[Parasol for my grandmother]

+My parents went cake tasting for the Chinese banquet. My Dad went cake tasting. CAKE TASTING. This is the man who wanted a worklight for father's day. "It was great, we just ate for an entire hour while he drew pictures!" He was referring to pictures of the proposed cake. According to my Dad, "chocolate does not go with Chinese food" so that flavor is out. To compensate for the lack of mocha and banana cupcakes in San Diego, one entire layer will be mocha (the boy's favorite) at the banquet, and one will be banana (my favorite.)

+We booked a hotel for the wedding night!

Still up in the air...
+The invitations. Which give me a headache just thinking about them.
+Decor: potted plants, garlands, pretty things, etc.
Inspired by the EAD post about Coca-Cola, I was thinking about getting a bunch of green bottles (like the one below) and putting red flowers in them. What do you think? The big problem would be who I'm going to get to help me drink 20 something bottles of soda, and who will help put the flowers in the bottles the day of.

+Fabric backdrop--I may purchase lots of yardage of this which I think goes really well with everything else.

[Hop dot cherry from Heather Bailey]

+Some other stuff I'm not remembering now because my brain is fried! We're movin' along.
Moo

17 comments:

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

love the lanterns and the parasol is beautiful! yay for checking things off the list! :)

Cupcake Wedding said...

The lanterns are sooooo pretty

Christen Fleming said...

Love the lanterns!! Isn't checking stuff off the list great? Wish I had more stuff checked off...

honey my heart said...

great lantern color choices and love the dahlia print. everything is falling together, yay mo!

Mo said...

Thanks ladies. :)
It feels good to be making progress!

Abbie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you decided to go with the print, too. It's going to look amazing.

Have friends over with offers of free sodas. ;) It would take no time at all to fill them with flowers before the wedding. Do it.

trishie said...

The lantern looks great! And you're so sweet to get the parasol for your grandmother...it's simply beautiful.

little luxury list said...

I'd help you drink the soda and set up if I was close!

Those lanterns are awesome. I may buy those from you if my brother is interested in something similar for his wedding.

buhdoop said...

I LOVE THAT LANTERN. way to check some thinks off the list :)

Mo said...

@chic n' cheap: You're too kind!

Re: your brother's wedding, YES PLEASE. If he is interested, just let me know, he can come and look at them if he lives here. If I finish drinking 25 bottles of Bubble Up, he's got 25 green bottles too. :)

Missy May said...

Wow...that is a lot of work for your wedding, except the cake tasting! Can I help? LoL!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Oh I adore the lanterns Mo!! So pretty. I love the green bottle idea!! And I'm sure you can find someone to drink up all the soda!

miss.t said...

mo, the lanterns are adorable!!!!! love it! :)

The Thirty-Something Bride said...

Love the lanterns! You are getting soooooo close! So excited!

The Thirty-Something Bride said...

You are getting soooooo close!


Love the g-ma's parasol!

ColeAndJosephine said...

It is so nice that you got your grandma a parasol. Not only will it keep her cool, but it's got to make her feel special! Ladies love to have something the other ladies don't have. Well, I do anyway!

You're wedding is going to be so beautiful!

But I have to disagree with your dad. Chocolate goes with everything!

Mo said...

@ColeandJosephine: Agreed! He doesn't know what he's talking about, I could have chocolate 24/7. :)

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design