16.4.09

Meet My Publisher, Blurb

I made my first Blurb book! It was fun to fiddle with the layouts and I'm pretty happy with the finished product. We are having an engagement party with just family in July, so this will be a nice album to bring and show our relatives the pictures we took. We'll also probably display it at the wedding so people can have a gander if they like.

I chose the smallest option which is a 7x7 book. It is hardcover with a jacket cover, and the entire thing came out to $34 (with taxes and shipping). We opted out of an album in our photo package because of cost, but I think this will be a nice, cheap alternative! The largest size is 11 x 13, which is plenty big for our wedding photos. Anyone else using Blurb or another alternative to the heirloom wedding albums?

**Sorry for the poor lighting in these pictures, I had to sit them on my bed to get enough light! You can always click on any photo to make it larger if you want to see it more clearly.

[To give you an idea of how small it is, I've placed it next to my glasses and pig alarm clock. Yes, that's really my alarm clock.]

[The cover somehow was not difficult to choose. I really like this picture, and might even use it for our save the dates. But that's for another post.]





[This is the back cover.]

[All wobbly photos of the Blurb book taken by me. All the beautiful photos actually in the book are by Jessamyn Harris]
Moo

9 comments:

The Less Than Domestic Goddess said...

Wow, it turned out great! I really like it!!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Great Blurb book... super cute!
RelentlessBride

joyce said...

I like it!! It looks like it's been done professionally. I've seen people using Blurb to document their travels and they turned out beautifully too. Great idea!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Looks awesome! How was the quality of the paper?

Mo said...

The paper is pretty nice! It's of course not the same paper you'd get in a real photo book at the museum store, but it doesn't feel cheap either.
The one thing I was a little disappointed about was that the cover is in glossy stock, and I was expecting it in matte. Oh well, maybe if I print it again I can figure out how to change that option!

honey my heart said...

your book turned out really pretty. and the size is really cute.

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness.. it is so cute! I love all of the pics. It looks like you did a great job!

I also love your alarm clock. :)

noone said...

wow great book!

Unknown said...

love the engagement shoot! so playful and colorful! and your ring (sarah perlis?) I think I have a very similar one :)

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design