4.5.09

185.

That's the number of people we are intending to invite. I don't think I realized how large that number really was until the FI mentioned contacting his cousins in Minnesota and my parents mentioned that their good friends are planning on coming from Hong Kong for a vacation.

I'm grateful that we have such amazing friends. Despite being scattered across the country, many have simply congratulated us and said "tell me where it is and what time and I will be there."

I'm happy that our friends and family are showing interest in our wedding, because to be honest, I didn't really think we'd have very many people who would be able to make it (or would want to come on a holiday). And who knows? Maybe there won't be that many people willing to make the trip because of the economy or for other reasons.

But I still feel more pressure to make this wedding worth their while since people will be getting on planes and trains to celebrate with us. It's a bit nerve-wracking to think that I am {almost} planning this entire thing by myself.

Oy.
Moo

7 comments:

honey my heart said...

our guest list is around 170, with a few from over seas. it's always nice to see the response from guests who are excited about the wedding, but oh the pressure to make it great. hope your planning is coming along smoothly.

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

I think that's a good number! They say to expect a 10-15% rejection rate right? (Or did I make that number up in my head). Also, the fact that your wedding is at a vineyard (and not a hotel ballroom) is a bonus for your traveling guests.

Mo said...

Oh, I don't know what the standard number is? I was thinking more like 60 people would say no, but now I'm not so sure! People's eyes seem to get wider when I mention we're close to the Wild Animal Park.

Brandy said...

I have no clue what the rejection rate is, I'm one of those people who has attended every wedding I have ever been invited to!
It's a good solid looking number though isn't it? Not quite 200 but close!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I feel ya doll. Mine is 297. lol...

PS. I wanted to ask you a question, could you email me amyjean @ relentlessbride . com
RelentlessBride

little luxury list said...

187 here but we that includes a 30 person "C" list of OOT guests who will most likely not come. Rejection rate is up to 20% but I feel like people do that with a heavy "B" list. My "B" list will only exist if I have a lot of rejects from "A" list.

I hear you about the pressure to make things great, entertaining, and memorable. I'm sure you'll do a great job. :)

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

we have 185 too. and our room only hold 150. we were figuring that a lot of people wouldn't come because a) it's a gay wedding and we didn't know what the reaction would be and b) we're having it on labor day weekend in NYC and nobody wants to be in NYC on labor day weekend. lol. but it turns out that all of our definite NOs are saying they can't wait for it and that they wouldn't miss it for the world! a bit overwhelming to say the least. so i totally hear u and my heart goes out to u! :)

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design