13.5.09

Registry Finds: Elsewares

[Green Glass Boylan Soda glasses by Elsewares]


[Thomas Paul dinner plates from Elsewares]

We haven't decided the how what and where of our registry, but unlike other couples I read about who are settled and have everything, we actually NEED stuff. My sister actually sent me towels because when she stayed with me she didn't think we had enough.

Sister: "Where did you buy your towels? I can buy you more from wherever you bought the others."
Me: "Buy? Dude, I didn't buy these, these are Mom and Dad's. You can steal more from Mom and Dad, I saw some new ones in the linen closet last time I was home."
Sister: *shaking head*

There was a package of purple towels at my doorstep a week later. Sweet.

I already have these, which I got as a White Elephant gift. They provide us with our salt and pepper needs. And I love them.

[Mint Hug Salt and Pepper Shaker at Elsewares]

I love most everything at Elsewares, my only concern is that my taste will change as I mature and the Boylan soda glasses won't be my style anymore, or appropriate for a nice dinner party, if we ever have one. We're thinking of the standard Target, Crate and Barrel, and Macy's, but where are all of you registering, if you are in fact having a registry? Any tips for a newbie?
Moo

7 comments:

Victory Bird said...

We did C&B for stylish basics, and the plan is to use Wishpot.com or some similar site to create a registry of FUN items pulled from across the web! We can use that one to grad a few things from Elsewares, Sur La Table, Etsy and more, AND we can list things we find at better prices than C&B. Hope it works!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...registry=fun. I had so much fun creating our registry, but it was stressful too. The pressure to pick out good stuff!

We did a few: Williams Sonoma for all-clad pots and pans and items of smaller value so that our friends with less money had things to choose from. Bed Bath and Beyond is great--our china (monique luhllier) is from there, and they have good prices on high quality bedsheets. Then for everything else, I used myregistry.com because it lets you add items from any store online. I listed everything from a dyson vaccuum from amazon to items from tiny boutiques like my all time favourite: www.ochrestore.com. In the end, we got a really great mix of stuff!

Molly said...

those plates are fab! thanks for sharing!

Audrey said...

Wow, happy you like us! And congrats on the wedding!
Also, those web registries that allow you to pick things from different shops are pretty neat, for when you find things you want that aren't at the larger stores. Good luck with everything, and let me know if I can be of help!

A "cheery" disposition said...

such a feakin cute salt and pepper shaker!!!

Christina said...

i have to go check out this site! i love the plates.

Mo said...

Thanks for all the advice! Registering sounds like a lot fun. I'll keep everyone posted on our progress.

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design