21.5.09

Short and Cute Shoes



[From top to bottom: Lilly Pulitzer; Ciao Bella; Maloles]

We're a petite couple. Or as the boy likes to describe himself, "short, dark and handsome". We're close to the same height, and while I could wear 3" heels because they generally make me look leaner, I'd rather be the same height as him on the wedding day. He's already given me the "I'm sorry, were you being serious?" look when I asked if he wanted to wear lifts or a heel. I didn't think it was such a bad idea!

That said, I'm on the hunt for the perfect pair of flats. I have a whole lot of flat shoes (I'm currently wearing purple suede ones,) so I want to find a pair that are fancy enough to go with my dress and that will last me a good 6-8 hours while I say vows, take pictures, eat cake, and kiss and hug 200 people.

The fancy part is tough. I like all of the flats I've posted up here, but are they fancy enough to go with the my chiffon/lace dress? Also, when you click on "special occasion" on shoe websites, there are never. ever. any flats. Drives me nuts!

Who are your favorite designers of fancy flat shoes? Should I go with a colored shoe or a metallic shoe (like gold)? Should I try looking for kitten heels instead?
Moo

6 comments:

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

I love the middle pair! So cute. I'm a huge fan of the kitten heel, just a little bit of height but still comfortable. Have you tried Kate Spade or Cole Haan?

Mo said...

Oooh, maybe if I find a pair of Cole Haan's they will have that Nike Air technology. Like these!
http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?productId=255392&categoryId=311101&productGroup=255394

kadler said...

I have about eight pairs of Steve Madden flats and they're super comfy! I wear them every day. I know they come in metallics, which might be perfect for you.

Mo said...

Wow, 8 pairs! You're a flats-aholic like me. I really like Steve Madden, I hadn't thought of him, thanks for the tip!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

ooh, those cole haan flats are cute. simple but elegant.

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I love the first pair!
RelentlessBride

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design