3.5.09

Hello Kitty: Finding The One

If you're new to the blog (hi!) these are my previous posts on finding a dress:
Three Days in New York - Saja Boutique
Playing Dress Up: Part I - Bliss Bride
Playing Dress Up: Part II - Trudy's Bridal
Playing Dress Up: Part III - Nicole Miller

I would have named this post "Playing Dress Up: Part IV", but I have no pictures! As luck would have it, the one place in which I think I've found the perfect dress, and they won't let me take pictures!

Do you remember the post when I said I was done trying on dresses? That I just wanted to choose from the 40 some odd dresses I've ducked and dived into? Yeah, remember that? Well, it all changed when I saw this dress via Style Me Pretty last Friday. It was exactly what I had been looking for.

After tracking it down in a store that was [oddly] close to our venue, I went to try it on. Alone! And it was totally fine. It was like any other shopping day, so I'm not sure why I was so weirded out with going alone at all.

And I LOVED the dress. LOVED IT. I loved it so much, I started calling other bridal salons to ask how much it retailed for once I got home. I found another store that was selling it for $300 less, so I asked the shop to match their price, and they did! Woohoo!

I have to wait to take pictures until I put a deposit down, but in the meantime, do you want to see the pretty pictures from the website??


*


*


*


*


*


*


*


*



*



*



*





I'll let you all know when I actually put down the deposit--but I'm 98% sure this is the one!
Moo

15 comments:

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

EEEEEEEee. you found it!!!!!!!! that's amazing!it's SO PRETTY!! congrats! Can't wait to see it on you!!!

Mo said...

THANK YOU!!
I was so excited today I just wanted to put the deposit down then and there, but I held myself back. I can't wait to have pictures too!

Brandy said...

AWESOME! I loved this dress too!
Can't wait to see the photos! Sidenote: Seriously what is up with places not letting you take photos!? If it was due to designers fearing we'd copy them well....the internet has photos! When you've tried on so many dresses they start to become melded together and you can't remember which one you liked or why...don't they get it would work in their favor? Rant over.

Mo said...

I totally agree Brandy.

99% of the population is not a stick-thin 5'10" model, so it's nice to actually see the dress on myself and other normal people in photographs, because it looks different than in front of the mirror!

But I loved it enough (and the price point) to not get too bothered by it.

Jessamyn Harris said...

gorgeous!! :) I'm so excited to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness---it is so incredibly gorgeous! I love that it's totally ladylike from the front, and then has the unexpected surprise of the bare back. Just amazing!

Rosanna said...

it is gorgeous!! and so you! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see it!!!!!

Cyd said...

ohmygoodness...that dress is incredible! I hope you get it!

little luxury list said...

We are sweet vintage dress sisters (err though I may trade for a lace one)! I love the ethereal feel and sweetness of your dress! Congrats! We anxiously await modeling shots.

Katie said...

IT IS STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!


I love it so much. So romantic, yet modern yet timeless. Just perfect

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

i came back to look at the dress again. STILL love it.

Mo said...

LOL, you crack me up. That comment was a nice way to end my day at work. =)
I'm glad you love it! It makes me even more excited to get it.

I have yet to show my Mom, I'm too scared! She asked that I mail her a print-out (she has Internet phobia.)

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

oh my mom has internet phobia too. hehe. is your mom like mine....super duper traditional?

Mo said...

God yes, she can be. I can hear her already. "Aiya! I don't like this (gestures toward cleavage), it shows everything to the world! Ugh!"

I already asked the shop if they could sew some chiffon on the part. =P

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

ok, we have the same mom. :) love the new profile pic!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design