28.5.09

"That's a Waste of Money"

...to which I like to reply "According to you!" and then I throw a pie in the person's face.

Ok I don't actually do that. In real life I probably say "you think?" and then end up shelving whatever I wanted to purchase in the first place due to guilt. Oh money.

I feel like I've been hearing this a lot since we started wedding planning, because there are so many impractical pretty things in wedding world. It's like the boy's (who is probably one of the most practical people I know) worst nightmare, all wrapped up in one big event. If he's the one saying "that's a waste of money" it's usually proceeded by "why do we need this?", which, don't get me wrong, is a good thing because we can't exactly be willy-nilly about our dollars and cents. He's not a doctor yet and I haven't won the lottery or written that million dollar children's book.

Where is this little rant going? Oh yeah. The boy thought stds were a waste, so...

I have created an email newsletter instead. I paid $0 for it, and even though the older generation won't be receiving it due to a lack of an email address, I'm going to make it a point to ask their children to show them.

It will link to our website, which I am also working on, and the whole kit n'caboodle should be done mid-summer so that people can "ooo" and "awww" and start daydreaming about swimming and kayaking and general San Diego merriment.

I can't wait to show you!!

Is there anything WIC-endorsed that you absolutely refuse to pay for and deem a "waste of money"?
Moo

5 comments:

honey my heart said...

i like your save the date idea, it's totally modern and saves paper!! i'm not really into wedding favors that aren't useful (figurines, s&p shakers)and would rather have candy or desserts.

how's the website going? i'm trying to create one and it's hard to get going/include all the info.

Mo said...

Omigosh, I stayed up until 1 in the morning and I was on header 12. That wasn't very productive!

I agree, it's tough including all the necessary information and making it aesthetically pleasing. How are you creating yours?

little luxury list said...

Mo, we did the same thing! Well our wedding was in 3 months anyway so no point in STD.

The non-computer generation may not get the e-mails, but I am sure they'll love hearing it from you via phone or in-person.

Btw, FI used iWeb and our website has gotten tons of compliments. He created a Google form for RSVPs and everyone is also RSVPing online! Let me know if you want any tips and I'll harass him.

Mo said...

Thanks chicncheap!
I am using blogspot but have no way of compiling RSVPs. What is a Google form?

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I think we're not doing wedding favors, but instead we just booked our chocolate fountain. That's our one thing i think we aren't "doing".
RelentlessBride

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design