26.5.09

Marrying into an Organized Family

About a month ago, I asked the FI's aunt if she could send me a list of relatives from their side of the family with their contact information.

If I asked my mother to do this, it'd be scrawled on a paper napkin with various parts of addresses missing and complete names missing. No Mom, I can't address the envelope as "Uncle Kevin's Mom". It just does not work that way. [Side note: I love my Mom, I really do.]

Imagine my complete surprise when I received a spreadsheet with all of the FI's relatives, grouped by families, with COMPLETE email addresses and mailing addresses. Not only did the FI's aunt include all names of family members, but she included how they were related to the FI (and very soon, to me!) She even included notes for me that might affect the guest count, such as "Cousin Judy is expecting in August". It was such a huge help that I felt like I should be paying her!

Now...if Excel could have some sort of import function for paper napkins...ya hear me Microsoft researchers?
Moo

4 comments:

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Wow, now that's what I call organization. I love your mom....."Uncle Kevin's mom" ....that's classic.

Krista said...

That's awesome. What an amazing help that is! :)

honey my heart said...

aww your mom is cute :)

The Thirty-Something Bride said...

SO nice. I have it all in one spot now, but had to scrounge for all. My fiance's mom passed away when he was small and he has 4 brothers. No one knows where anyone lives!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design