27.6.09

The Happiest Place on Earth: Part 1

We spent 14 hours at Disneyland in Anaheim yesterday for my birthday. We had SO MUCH fun, and by the time I got home, my feet hurt and "It's a Small World" was officially stuck in my head. Best birthday ever.

And since it was my birthday, Disney wouldn't let me forget it was. Upon arriving they gave me this button and wrote my name on it, which I later realized was a way for every cast member I encountered to say "Happy Birthday!" to me.

I also got a special ticket. The boy's ticket is on the left.

And if we still forgot why we were at Disneyland, they gave the boy a button to indicate that he too was in fact celebrating.


Here were some of the highlights of the long, 80 degree weather day:

*We rode a lot of rides.*

This is Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters, in which you gain points by shooting targets in order to defeat the eeee-vil Zurg.
[Don't you worry Buzz, we'll defeat Zurg.]

[I officially have a photo that proves just how bad I am at video games. Yes, the boy in fact had 150,000 points more than me.]

["There is just one moon and a golden sun and a smile means friendship to everyone..." They recently renovated Small World and it looked amazing! I kept trying to take pictures, but as you know if you've been on the ride, the boat just keeps moving! Stop the boat! I need to take pictures!]

[I thought that this oar was just for looks. Turns out we actually had to paddles ourselves in a canoe in Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes.]

*We ogled (but did not buy) a lot of toys.*

[Baby Buzz Lightyear. Eerily cute.]

[Mini pooh bears!]

[Hayuck! I'm a little roly-poly!]

[In case you don't have a small dog to put in your handbag...]

My next post is going to be devoted to one of my favorite topics--FOOD!
Stay tuned for Parts 2 and 3.

Moo

3 comments:

kadler said...

Aww, that's awesome! I love that they all sung you happy birthday :)

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Hey happy birthday!!!

little luxury list said...

Baby Buzz Lightyear is too cute!

Happy belated Birthday!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design