27.7.09

The Lodge at Torrey Pines

[Chocolate ganache cake from The Lodge at Torrey Pines]

[Centerpiece left over from a wedding the night before]

[Lemon bars...mmmmmmmmm]

I haven't been as on the ball with blogging as I usually am, so I'm sorry if I haven't read your latest posts! I have had a pretty crazy work week in which I have been running around for a conference my work is putting on at The Lodge at Torrey Pines, a beautiful golf resort in La Jolla.

It's been busy, but take a look at the cake they served the first night we were there! When things calm down I can do more in depth posts again.

PS: The boy and I are on week 3 of cooking. Last week, I had four straight days of tofu, string beans, and rice. I think I am going to tackle a lasagna next week to mix things up!
Moo

13 comments:

koralee said...

This place looks amazing...I always seem to judge a place by the food and this lovely lodge would get an A+ on those Lemon Bars alone...My Favourite..thanks for sharing...your images are so beautiful!

Mo said...

@koralee: Thank you!! My task this week was to take pictures at the conference. I was asked to take photos of people, but let's hope they don't care that I took time to snap some pics of the dessert. ;)

K @ Blog Goggles said...

Woah - lemon bars and chocolate cake? It's like heaven!

the future mrs. smith said...

That cake looks amazing!! I wish my job included such yummy things!

Heather said...

I want that whole chocolate cake! Why can't they have wedding cakes like that?!

honey my heart said...

chocolate ganache cakes looks too yummy for words :) great job w/ all of the cooking.

Lily G. said...

wow, looks awesome. Great job with the cooking!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

mmmm. lemon bars. Tofu, string beans and rice! oh my. that's quite healthy - maybe you need to throw in some chocolate in there. ;)

Lysandra said...

What a cool place! And as I much as I love tofu (that's serious, not sarcasm) I agree you should mix it up a bit!

Bridechka said...

The cake looks yummy!! And I love the centerpieces.

chicncheap said...

Mo, I hope you saved me some lemon bars. Yum!

Carol said...

Love lemon bars!!!

miss.t said...

those lemon bars look soo yummy!!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please leave one!

 

Pink Argyle All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design