Some updates from my neck of the woods--it is gettin' crazy here. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it just a little bit.
I was feeling pretty alone in planning and then we had our walk through with our venue this weekend. I felt so much better after because they were so organized and were one step ahead of me. Thank goodness. After, we had a long lunch at Stone Brewing Company, who will be providing the beer at our event. All in all, a pretty nice but productive weekend.
What's Going On...
1. This Sunday marks the end of my first year as a graduate student--woohoo!! I will also be in Vegas the same weekend for a wedding, hopefully not spending that much time on my computer trying to finish my last paper, but rather eating a lot and taking pictures with my new camera!
2. We got the owls as our favors, except they will look more like this to match our theme. I think I am the one in the top left. It looks the shiftiest. Which one are you?:
3. Thanks to everyone for their input on a bachelor party on my birthday. It's official, the boy and his guy friends are spending the weekend in Vegas. I knew he really wanted one, so I'm glad that they went ahead and planned it. I'm going to find a spa and turn off my cell phone in a rare moment of peace. We can celebrate my 27th year another day.
[My birthday last year at Disneyland]
4. I'm really close to finalizing our programs and menus. I got really happy formatting this menu because of all of the food we are going to have!
5. I bought a Zumi Digital and now just need a camera person during our wedding (or many camera people.) I have no idea how to edit video, but looks like I'm going to find out soon! (Side note: we opted out of a videographer because of cost. I'll let you know how my Zumi Digital works out for us! I also can't wait to use it in Japan!)
[The Zumi Digital, aka, one of our replacements for a videographer]
6. There was so little fabric leftover from my dress that I couldn't make a little flower for my hair. (I know Juel, I was so disappointed!) I went ahead and got the white hair pins for my hair to match my sisters.
7. I started making his and her wreaths.
8. Like any wedding, there has definitely been drama. Tonight after the upteenth argument with my Mom, my Dad took the phone and said:
"You do what you think will be best. Just think of everything like you are number one and everyone else is nobody."